Friday, February 6, 2009

Help Robbie with his science project

Robbie has to do a science project for school. He wanted to do something different from the norm...so I looked on the Internet and found one with teeth. His Uncle Ian also gave the same idea so he was hooked on the idea of putting teeth in different drinks to see how they react or decay. The dentist gave us 6 teeth that Robbie measured and tried to poke with a pin. He record all his findings and then we put each tooth in 1 oz. of different drinks. He is taking a poll to see what people think will be the worst drink for your teeth, so your opinion will help his experiment.
The choices are: Lo carb Monster drink, Diet Dr. Pepper, Dr. Pepper, Apple Juice, Orange Juice, and his controlled tooth is in a mouth wash and water solution. I think the Monster drink is the worst. Robbie, Kamren and Eric all said the Dr. Pepper. Here are some pictures of the teeth after Robbie brushed them and measured them.
I love science! ha ha ha A big thanks to Dr. Allen for the teeth and a big thanks to Uncle Ian for helping with the idea and for Uncle Creed for telling us how to do it.










15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to go with Dr. Pepper, although I was tempted by the apple juice.

Sounds like a cool experiment!

Wendy

Suzanne said...

i'm going with the dr. pepper.....ya, i think i'll stick with that.

Jackie B. said...

I think its going to be the DIET D.P. Which i am drinking as i type this. LOL.

Angie said...

Hey Chelle, it's Angie. I didn't know you guys had a blog. Send me your email address and I'll add you to ours. nodrac@gmail.com I think it will be the monster drink as well. How are you guys doing? Let's get together soon...really.

Andrea said...

I'm guessing the dr. P!! We should talk soon! It's been a while! :)

Nate and Heidi said...

I'm going to have to go with Dr. Pepper. Let us know the results!! =)

Trina said...

I'm going with Dr. Pepper.

tlc said...

I'm going with the Dr. Pepper. It's the closest to coke and I think coke eats everything!! I did wonder about the citric acid in the OJ though.
Love your blog and love you, Mom

Stu said...

Robbie,

I'm going with Monster if it is carbonated, if not then DP. Did you weigh the tooth before and after?

Uncle Stu

Nate and Heidi said...

Nate says orange juice, and I'm thinking the orange juice tooth looks the worst. So, maybe Nate's right! =)

Naomi said...

I'm going to say apple juice because I've started reading labels recently for a reason Robbie would be really bored by and I was really shocked by how much sugar is in fruit juice!!

The Colonel said...

Dr. Pepper. mmmmmmmmm.......Dr. Pepper

crazyclarks said...

Three of us vote for the citric acid in orange juice.

Candice said...

I am going to go with orange juice! We need to go out...what do you have going on this weekend?

Alexis's Hot Spot said...

I think it is either the Diet Dr. pepper or the monster. Hard to tell. Hope it works out well.