Monday, February 2, 2009

Surgery

Last week I had my gallbladder removed. This was not fun to think about...I don't like to be a charity case. On Tuesday morning Eric took me in to have the surgery. I was very nervous and did not want this done, but I hope that this cures some of the problems I have been having. The surgery went well and I was home by 11:30am. I was a little out of it and did not like that. Eric was a trooper and did his very best with the two little ones. Abraham does not take a bottle so that was challenging and frustrating for Eric. I don't think Eric realized how much playing, cleaning, feeding, changing, playing, holding, changing, and playing I did in a day with the two young ones. By day two I think he was so ready to go back to work, but he stuck it out and was very helpful. I am thankful for all that brought in meals and helped with David. We are so blest to live in a community that is so willing to help when needed.
I had an allergic reaction to the pain pills (I was so itchy and my eyes were all swollen) so I had to take Benadryl with it. After that I really tried to cut back on them, I cut my dose in half and went as long as I could without them. They made me a little crazy and I was not aware of what I said during those times. It was not good. I am now off of them and feel much more like myself.
My sister Kristel, Eric's sister Katie and her husband Ian came up on Friday to help. It was great to have the extra hands. Kris and her sister-in-law Tracy cleaned my home and did all the laundry...a HUGE THANK YOU TO THEM. It was nice to have that taken care of. Kris also drove me around to return pots and pans and give thank-yous to all that helped our family during this time. Katie and Ian tended to the children and that was so great. A BIG THANK YOU TO THEM!
Sunday the left and I cried and cried. I am alone now, Eric is back to work, and I am feeling a little overwhelmed. I don't like this one bit. I want to be back to myself and be able to do all that I did before. I am not very good at sitting still and just resting, but I am sure trying. With two little ones it makes it a little hard!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Wow! I can't believe that you had all that happen. I wished that I lived closer to help you out! I hope that you are doing better.

Teresa said...

Hang in there. i t will get better. You are very blest and loved by all those around you. I don't like the after effects of pain pills...I am thinking about you...

Jackie B. said...

oh honey! i wish i was there to help too! I hope you are doing much better. Kevin would be just like Eric... SO ready to go back to work. :)