Sunday, February 23, 2014

Another year older...I pray wiser too!

How does time go by so quickly when we get older. It seems that when we are young all we want to do is be bigger so we can do more things. We think that getting older is going to be so much fun and we will have so much freedom. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to time travel back to a day when I young, but I would not mind if time stood still for a moment and I could take it all in. Our kids are growing up so fast, I feel that they are forced to be older than they are. With technology and media being thrust at them every place they go they have to be. How did our kids get to old? How do I have a 14 year old, I remember being 14! As I look back on this year of my life I can say with tenderness that this has been one of the most trying and most rewarding years of my life. I have been stretched and molded more this year than in the past 15 or so years. The last time I remember being tested as much is when I live in Mexico and Costa Rica with my parents. Looking back on those tough years now all I see is the amazing experiences and growth that happened in my life. I have come to appreciate the challenges that were placed in my life as a teen. Last year at this time I was about 7 months pregnant with our darling little BrynnLe. We were all anxiously awaiting her arrival and getting things done around to house to welcome her home. I can say that I am very thankful not to be pregnant this year and that our family is finally complete. Here are some things that I have learned this year: True friends stick by you no matter how hard life gets. Family (blood relatives or "adopted") are those who matter most. As soon as you feel comfortable with life Heavenly Fathers will oft times throw you a curve ball. Even adults are bullied, and it is O.K. to stand up for your self. You are the only one that can choose how you will react to a situation. My, well our kids are so amazing and have taught me how to be accepting of others. I have the best husband in the world (no, it didn't take me till now to realize that) I have an amazing extended family. My in-laws are amazing too! No matter how many times I fall, I have to get up. I have to be an advocate for my children, no one else will. There is a whole world out there that many people don't realize exists! Not all people are comfortable with those of us who are "different" It is my job to educate people about Down Syndrome My boys will be BrynnLe's biggest support system and they will fight for her to have all that she deserves. I love having a girl! I am more aware of people around me. I have learned to come out of my shell and meet new people. The list could go on and on! Most of all I am so thankful for all those who have stood by our family and have lifted us up in times of need and in times of us growing and being stretched to what felt like our limits at time. I am so thankful for BrynnLe and for the joy she as brought, she has opened doors that I didn't know existed and she makes everything right. I love our boys, they challenge me in different ways and I am thankful that they love me despite my faults as a mother. My greatest accomplishments in life are my children, they bring me the most joy and heart ache as well. I love Eric with all my heart. He is amazing. He works hard to support our family, he honors his Priesthood and is my best friend. He loves me for me and that means the world for me. He is the only one that knows all of my faults and fears, yet he is there for me with all my crazy ideas! Here is to another year, it can only get better. Here are some pictures from this year!

No comments: