Tuesday, April 29, 2014

How and where to begin? As I think about this past year I cannot even express my feelings of gratitude, anger, peace, love and some sadness too! It is hard to think that just one year ago Eric and I were in the hospital anxiously awaiting the arrival of Miss BrynnLe. Our home was ready to be invaded by pink and all things frilly! All of you know that it was a shock to us to learn that she was born with Down Syndrome. Since that time our family has been on the most amazing journey. One that I would never have chosen yet it is one that I would never give up now that I am on this amazing path. We have had a year full of Buddy Walks, Down Syndrome research, our first 3-21 celebration, and many more Down Syndrome activities. Our boys have learned to accept others as they are, that we are all children of a loving Heavenly Father. We are all perfect in His eyes. We have made wonderful friends and have been so blest with a great support system.
Eric and I have grown stronger! As for myself I have learned to speak up for myself and my kids. I know when to push for things and when to go with the flow. I am my kids biggest advocate and their biggest fans. I have the worlds greatest children. Each of them are here on this earth to do something amazing. It has been a wonderful year of growth for us. I have loved getting to know other families with children who have Down Syndrome. I have felt more love from friends, family and strangers than I could ever imagine. BrynnLe can light up a room. Her smile is contagious and she is one of the most loved baby girls I know! I have a love for each of our boys, they all have a special place in my heart. BrynnLe brings a calm to my life, she brings the Spirit with her. I cannot explain it, she grounds my life. In the crazy life we lead she is the calm in the storm for me. I love holding her and watching her little mind at work. She has overcome some great obstacles in her life and I know she will continue to amaze me. I am so glad that she came to our family. I am so thankful for her. I am thankful for her health. I am thankful she is ours. I am thankful for our extended family and for our friends who have been our pillars this year. to those of you who don't have a child with Down Syndrome in your life...I encourage you to reach out to a family who does. Your life will be enriched beyond what you can imagine. A year ago I didn't really know this world existed and I am ashamed to say that I didn't reach outside of my comfort zone. Now as I sit and look at our beautiful daughter I am speechless.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L08hpuEU-Rk copy and paste to watch the video, it is kinda cute if I say so myself! :)

No comments: